Mountain biking and cycling in Abtenau, Salzburger Land
Racing bike, mountain bike or e-bike: pedaling encouraged!
Abtenau is one of 12 excellent mountain bike regions in the Salzburg region. A total of 720 km of mountain bike trails and 22.000 vertical meters are waiting to be conquered on 20 difficult, medium and easy MTB tours. The well-signposted mountain bike trails recorded using GPS data lead beginners, advanced and die-hard bikers to alpine pastures, refreshing mountain lakes and wonderfully beautiful viewpoints. Numerous well-signposted cycle paths and mountain bike tours lead to the Postalm area, the Osterhorn group, the Karkogel and the entire Salzburger Land.
Several trails in the Abtenau mountain bike region start right here!
- MTB tour on the Postalm: 38 athletic kilometers show what your calves can do! From Abtenau it goes via Voglau to Pichl and then quickly uphill on the old Postalmstrasse. Wonderful: the view into the deep Zinkenbachklamm. Several alpine huts for a stop. Tour from 560 to 1.330 m altitude.
- Radochsberg circuit: The slightly sporty MTB tour on asphalt and gravel is about 23 km long and the route is varied. The pleasant tour from Abtenau, also suitable for beginners, runs at an altitude of 600-920 m.
- The Strubberg route inspires with a long descent and then a steep ascent. The 21,8 slightly sporty kilometers have some challenges in store. Lowest point 510 m, highest point 810 m.
- The interactive mountain bike and hiking map you can find all mountain bike tours in your holiday destination.
Rules of conduct for mountain bike trails
- The use of signposted cycle paths is permitted from May 1st to November 15th and from 2 hours after sunrise to 1 hour before sunset at your own risk.
- Only use the approved, marked routes.
- Forest roads are operating areas. Expect wood on the pavement, grazing livestock, and vehicle traffic.
- Pay special attention to vehicles and pedestrians.
- Reduce your driving speed in front of blind or dangerous places.
- Only cycling with appropriately equipped (bicycle definition according to StVO) and bikes suitable for the respective route is permitted. Cycling children up to the age of 12 must wear appropriate protective equipment in accordance with the mandatory cycling helmet according to the StVO.
Sporty, sporty: on the road in Tennengau by bike
Tip: Salzburger Almen tour through Abtenau
3 days of mountain biking at its best: 3 daily stages, 143 km of path length and 4.070 meters of altitude that have to be overcome. The reward for the effort: unique nature experiences, fantastic panoramic views and the certainty that you have treated your body and mind to something really good. The Salzburger Almentour can be comfortably ridden for bikers within 3 days; especially sporty mountain bikers put the stages with an overnight stay over two days.
Service for cyclists in Abtenau: bike rental, repair service, accommodation and much more
In Abtenau you can rent mountain bikes and e-bikes for young and old. The experienced staff in the bike rental will find exactly the right bike for the planned tour - and you are welcome to try another bike the next day. But here we go: let's go cycling in Abtenau!
With GPS you are always optimally oriented on the cycle paths and mountain bike trails in Tennengau and can divide your strength perfectly for the course of the route. Several accommodations in Abtenau and in Lammertal offer a special service for cyclists, from maintenance and care areas to lockable garages for your valuable bike. The Tennengau also offers numerous routes for passionate racing cyclists!
- Abtenau market square
- Lienbachhof, Postalm
- Blonde Hut, Postalm
- Christlalm, Trattberg
- Enzianhütte, Trattberg
- Grundbichlalm, St. Koloman
Important note: The most common types of charging cables are available to you during the opening times of the huts. However, you have the option of using your own cable!