Sports – Relaxation – Enjoyment: 3 Ingredients of a Great Holiday in the Austrian Alps
A holiday in Abtenau, Austria is an experience in all four seasons! When the first cyclists are enjoying the fresh air and bright green colours of the valley, skiers can still be enjoying the snowy slopes on the Dachstein massif. Summer means taking hikes to summits and alpine chalets on the Karkogel mountain and at the Postalm. Holidaymakers interested in sports and action on their holiday in Abtenau will love canyoning, rafting and paragliding in the Alps. Thanks to the crystal clear air, colourful forests and amazing views invite you to go hiking in autumn. Not long after this a thick white blanket of snow will envelop the Austrian Alps around Abtenau.
An interesting triple treat for your holiday in Abtenau
- Sports: Unlimited sun, mountains, nature and sports! A holiday in Abtenau makes you get up and move. Head up to mountain summits and zip back down to the valley on two wheels; hit the trail on horseback and have fun summer tobogganing down the mountain!
- Relaxation: Enjoy doing nothing and watch a beautiful sunrise or sunset. Find your special place in the forest, rest with your loved ones in a hammock or cuddle up and catch some rays of sun at an alpine chalet. A holiday in Abtenau in the Austrian Alps is perfect for recharging your batteries!
- Enjoyment: What would life be without moments of pure pleasure? Experience what it feels like to touch ancient wood, drink fresh milk on an alpine pasture, taste Tennengau alp cheese and spoil yourself with a visit to a spa. Look forward to your next holiday in Austria: it will be a treat for all the senses!
Discount with the guest card
- free guided hikes in summer and winter:
- free WLAN at the tourist office
- free entrence at the museum “Arlerhof”
- free use of Abtenauer mini-golf course – every Thursday from 09.00 am to 01.00 pm
- free skibus
- Tennengau Ticket – With the “TennengauTicket” you have the possibility to reach the city of Salzburg with the day-ticket for € 4.00 per person – easily by bus and train, with no parking worries!